In search of real CBD shatter extracted directly from hemp flowers? You've come to the right place!
At Sauce Warehouse, our focus is genuine hemp extracts. We offer small batch concentrates that deliver the same flavor and effect as the flower they are extracted from. Check out lab results and more info on each product page.
CBD Shatter FAQs
Shatter is a type of CBD concentrate that owes its name to its glass-like consistency that will shatter when handled. It is often THC free and made using pure CBD Isolate. It can also be extracted directly from the organic hemp plant in which case it is more likely to contain THC.
Full spectrum CBD shatter will produce a stronger entourage effect and have a more natural flavor.
Vaporizing with a dab rig or dab pen is the most popular way to consume CBD shatter.
Vaping CBD is the quickest and most efficient way to consume high doses of CBD. When a person inhales the vapor, the cannabinoids enter the bloodstream faster than they would using an edible CBD product or CBD oil.
If vaporizing isn't your thing, shatter can also be mixed with cannabis or hemp flower and smoked. Alternatively, you can always infuse shatter in oil and mix with your favorite foods.
- First, you’ll need a dab rig of course! You’ll also need a torch or e-nail. Start by heating your nail with the torch until its red hot. If you are using an e-nail you’ll need to set your desired temperature and allow the nail to preheat.
- Place your torch in a safe place and make sure it is off. Once hot, you’ll need to let the nail cool. Generally quartz nails need about 45 - 60 seconds to cool depending on room temperature. Titanium nails cool in about half the time. Experiment and find your sweet spot.
- Now that your nail is ready to go, grab your dab tool and a small amount of shatter. You want to carefully apply the shatter to the nail while rotating the tip of the dab tool on the inside of the nail. This will ensure no shatter remains stuck to the tool. If you’ve got a carb cap now is the time to place it on top of the nail. Inhale slowly while spinning the carb cap to promote even vaporization of your concentrate.
- Exhale and if necessary, inhale any remaining vapor inside the rig.
CBD shatter has a high concentration of CBD and usually contains little to no THC. It is a quick and effective way to consume high doses of CBD.
Full spectrum shatter will also provide a strong entourage effect as it contains the full spectrum of cannabinoids plus terpenes.
The biggest difference between wax concentrates and shatter is appearance. Wax has a soft waxy consistency sort of like live resin or CBD crumble. Shatter is very hard and brittle. Aside from this they are fairly similar.
Most companies selling CBD shatter are simply mixing isolate with terpenes and selling it as a genuine hemp extract. Don’t be fooled, it is not. There is nothing wrong with these imitation concentrates, but you should know this is not a real shatter extract. If you want the real stuff, you’ll want to look out for these red flags:
- Many shatter concentrates available with different strain names
- Names of high THC cannabis strains or generic flavors (CBD shatter is typically extracted from hemp strains)
- Contains no minor cannabinoids or THC, just CBD
- Flashy labels/packaging (to sell the inferior product)
At Sauce Warehouse, we only work with trusted extractors and vendors who create their shatter using organic hemp flower that is free from pesticides, solvents, heavy metals, and other foreign materials.
All of our genuine hemp extracts that have been extracted directly from hemp flower will be labeled 'true consistency' on the product page under the 'additional info' section.
Extracts that have been mixed with isolate or distillate will be labeled 'mixed consistency'. Additionally, if any terpenes were added it will be stated clearly.